Friday, July 11, 2008

A day filled with firsts..

1) I got yelled at by another mother at the park!
Bella bit her little friend Ben today, and I didn't notice so Jill (Ben's mom) yelled "Bella no biting" (no big deal at all). Two minutes later Bella did her - pull your hair and pulls you in for a bite/kiss, thing to some strangers little girl. As soon as I saw her reaching in, I go running over and say gentle and and trying to get her off the little girl (maybe 2) - the mom yells "GET YOUR KID OFF MY DAUGHTER" - she was bottle feeding her younger child so it wouldn't have been a problem for her to come and help, but no she YELLED at me. I say "Sorry, I'm doing my best" while I was pulling Bella's hands out of the little girls hair. She comes over to soothe her crying child. I apologize, and give her the I'm sorry look, that I thought most mothers understand - but apparently not.

2) Played in the water, and sand at Newcastle beach park.
We went and did this promptly after I got yelled at : ) Nana, and Papa had taken her to the beach before - but this was a first for me and Bella together.

3) Ate an entire banana..
Bella is getting better and better with eating more solids every day!

4) Napped in her crib...
Bella didn't want to fall asleep on me while we sat on the couch for her nap, so I thought I would give her crib a try. It worked!!

5) Bonfire party!
We went to Christy's birthday party tonight and Bella was a hit. Everyone thought it was great that she was in such a great mood, past her bedtime - and the fact that we let her play with empty beer bottles!


6) Started out the night sleeping in her crib...
She was tuckered out after the party, so we thought we could give the crib another try. She did great, and stayed there until she woke up at 2am and brought her back into bed with us.

No comments: