Friday, May 22, 2009

Oops, whould have been better...

We don't say "opps" enough at our house. Apparently, we use other expletives, and they have passed through our little girls ears, and now her mouth.

Setting the scene:
Me standing in the kitchen making dinner.
Gabe walking into our bedroom.
Bella following Gabe to the bedroom.

This is what I hear: Bella having a big "huff" then "F**king Christ"!

Gabe and I look at each other "did that actually come out of our 2 years olds mouth"? Neither of us said anything, we figured it would be better to just ignore it, and pretend it didn't happen. I burst out laughing two minutes later though, I couldn't hold it in any longer.

Not our proudest moment at parents, but at least it wasn't in public. Now, if we can just make sure she doesn't say it again. I guess it would help if we watched our mouths a little better :)

2 comments:

Me said...

Ha! That's awesome :) So you need to start saying "Mommy, you are beautiful" a lot and see if she starts repeating that - bonus points for out in public! ;)

Bella Bee's Mama said...

My sister used to say something along those lines to strangers..."isn't my Mama so pretty". A little boost for the ego :)