Thursday, May 1, 2008

Monkey see monkey do

Two days ago, I put Bella at the bottom of the stairs (in the common hallway coming up from the garage) and tried to see if she would climb the stairs. She wasn't really all that interested, but I thought - heck I should give her the opportunity or she will never know how. Today, I did the same thing and she started crawling right away. She crawled up both flights and walked to our front door! She was taking a while, I kept on reminding myself be patient and to just stay in the moment. I was tempted to just scoop her up in my arms and hurry up the process...but I didn't!

Twenty minutes later, the phone rang while we were sitting on the couch so I put Bella on the floor. I grabbed the phone turn around and see that Bella has learned to climb up onto the couch!!! Thankfully, she knows how to get off the couch safely - but now we have to teach her to stay on her butt, and not stand... Wish us luck!

No comments: